Book Club Reflection Guidelines
For this assignment, you will create a Word document with the headings: BOOK 1 (It’s Ok to Not be Ok) and BOOK 2 (Parenting From the Inside Out). You will write a reflection of both books that were read by your Book Club by answering the following questions thoroughly. You worked together as a group in selecting the books and discussing them. This reflection, however, is an individual assignment and should be a summary of your thoughts about the books. Please look over the rubric before writing your reflection.
- Please describe the audience for whom your book was written.
2. What do you think differently about as a result of having read this book? In other words, what have you learned from this book that has changed the way you view something? Please share a reflection or personal example to help illustrate this.
3. Please relate the teachings in this book to theory. Identify and explain briefly a specific theory (hint: see chapter 4 in your textbook) and relate this to specific examples from your book.
4. How can you relate this book to one (or more) of the core concepts from the Body of Knowledge (BOK) of the American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (AAFCS)? The core concepts include basic human needs, individual well-being, family strengths, and community vitality. (hint: review the narrated body of knowledge PowerPoint in the week 14 module)
5. The mission of Family and Consumer Science is to improve the quality of life for individuals, families, and communities. Please describe how this book can be used to further this mission? What sort of information does it provide that can positively impact the quality of life for individuals, families, and communities? (hint: review the narrated body of knowledge PowerPoint in the week 14 module)