Establishing a collaborative unit with teachers, families, and students builds a strong bond to support the growth of the students. Building a rapport and sharing information with families is a critical step in creating relationships that support the learning environment and the connection between home and school.
For this assignment, create a 1-2 page digital welcome letter to send to families at the start of a school year. Describe the family’s responsibilities in supporting a self-regulated learner.
The letter should address the following:
- The family’s role in developing a self-regulated learner in the home environment.
- Two strategies families can use to promote independent learning at home. Explain how this home-extension supports student development and academic achievement.
- Emphasize the importance of regularly communicating goals and learning progress between school and home.
- Recommend two technological resources and one non-technological resource that you and the families can use throughout the school year to communicate students’ progress.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Include an overview of the characteristics of cooperative learning approach and a discussion of how the approach does or does not align with your chosen topic.
Our group’s learning outcomes:
1. comprehend basic food handling and simple preparation techniques
2. analyze factors in ingredient use （i.e dietary restrictions）
3. evaluate factors that may influence food choices （i.e cultural influence)
4. use skills and knowledge to future food studies ( i.e video include the skills we teach)