Congratulations! You have received a call from the director of the Multigenerational Center, and he would like you to come in for an interview! In order to be completely prepared for your interview, he has shared with you a list of possible questions they could ask you during the interview. You will choose one question from each of the five big ideas: issues and trends in your field, environments, personal and ethical practices, leadership, and professional development. Respond comprehensively. Therefore, your assignment will consist of a response to five different questions, one from each category, which will prepare you for the interview.
Choose the link to your program to view the correct interview questions to be prepared for your interview,
To prepare for this assignment, explore The Multigenerational Center Clients (Links to an external site.) interactive and review the Interview Prep Worksheet (Links to an external site.) as well as Ashford University’s Career & Alumni Services’ Career Exploration & Planning. (Links to an external site.)You will find many resources including general interview questions and tips on how to follow up after the interview. Use the Bullet Point Worksheet to help summarize your accomplishments for your employer.
In your seven-paragraph written assignment, you must include the following:
· Include an introductory paragraph with the name of your program, the title of the job you are applying for from the Ashford Multigenerational Job Board (Links to an external site.) and an explanation of why you are the perfect candidate for the job.
· Include an introduction that begins with a succinct thesis statement.
· Include five body paragraphs addressing each of the questions chosen. (The question must be the heading of each paragraph.) Be sure you are addressing each question with critical thought. You want to stand out!
· Defend why the director should choose you for the position in your conclusion.
The Interview Assignment:
· Must be seven paragraphs in length (not including title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
· Must include a separate title page with the following:
o Title of paper
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
· Must use at least three scholarly sources.
o The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
· Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
SOMETHING ABOUT ME TO HELP WITH RESPONSES:
I WORKED IN A NURSING HOME FOR 20 PLUS YEARS AS A CERTIFIED NURSING ASSITANT (CNA)
I AM A PEOPLE’S PERSON, I AM KIND, CARING
NEGATIVE EXPERIENCES: COMING ACROSS RUDE FAMILY MEMBERS OR BELIGERENT RESIDENCE BUT THIS IS DUE TO THEIR AGE
Hello, I am a student at Ashford University completing my bachelor’s degree in early childhood education. I am applying to the 5th grade education teacher. For the past 20 plus years, I have worked at the same nursing home as a CNA, which is a Certified Nursing Assistant. There, I work with the elderly population and assist them with a variety of care; such as, feeding, grooming, taking vital signs, and building a relaxing environment for both my residents and their families. I also have learned how to react in emergency situations and I know and understand the importance of building relationships with not only the person I am working with, but my colleagues and the families. I am CPR and First Aide certified. Several years ago, I worked at a local elementary school in their summer school program for 3 summers. I developed lesson plans and ideas for daily tasks, interacted with parents and informed them of the progress their child was making, and I coordinated with staff to evaluate curricular programs. This experience will go hand in hand with the position I am applying for because the experience and skills I use in my current and past positions are transferable.
Collamer, N. (2013, February 4). The perfect elevator pitch to land a job (Links to an external site.). Retrieved from http://www.forbes.com/sites/nextavenue/2013/02/04/the-perfect-elevator-pitch-to-land-a-job/
Ashford University. (2016). The elevator pitch (Links to an external site.)[PDF file]. Retrieved from https://content.bridgepointeducation.com/curriculum/file/ed560ad8-f8c6-4112-83c7-ab402a598810/1/How_to_Craft_an_Elevator_Pitch.pdf
Ashford University. (2017). The Multigenerational Center clients (Links to an external site.) [Video file]. Retrieved from https://scorm-iad-prod.insops.net/
· This interactive provides information about the Multigenerational Center clients and will assist you with The Interview assignment.
TEDx Talks. (2012, November 29). How to find and do work you love | Scott Dinsmore | TEDxGoldenGatePark (2D) (Links to an external site.) [Video file]. Retrieved from https://youtu.be/jpe-LKn-4gM
Live your legend (Links to an external site.). (https://liveyourlegend.net)
Willis, J., & Mitchell, G. (2014). The neuroscience of learning: Principles and applications for educators. Retrieved from https://content.ashford.edu/
· Chapter 1.2: Why Should Educators Learn Neuroscience?
o This chapter may assist you with The Interview assignment this week, specifically with the questions regarding “Issues and Trends in Your Field”.
Red Mountain Multigenerational Center. (Links to an external site.) (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.mesaparks.com/parks-facilities/recreation-centers/red-mountain-multigenerational-center
Ashford University. (2014, September). Bullet point worksheet [Word document]. Retrieved from https://ashford.instructure.com/
· This worksheet provides information about how to communicate your professional accomplishments to an employer and may assist you with The Interview assignment this week.