Topic 3: Ransomware on SCADA Systems
Energy control systems are the brains that operate and monitor our energy infrastructure. Two examples of such systems are the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) and the Distributed Control Systems (DCS). Most early SCADA system designs did not anticipate the security threats posed by today’s reliance on common software and operating systems, public telecommunication networks, and the Internet. Control systems have become more productive and efficient, but the energy sector is faced with an unprecedented challenge in protecting systems against cyber assault.
Ransomware attacks have been on the News, you are required to investigate how often this attack disrupt industries, especially in the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition. Then, using the frequencies of occurrence in the SCADA, hypnotized the probability of ransomware attacks in the SCADA industries in a single year.
Paper Organization (300pts)
Use Times New Roman 12 font and double spaced. Ensure you are familiar with current APA guidelines as it relates to writing research paper.
- Cover page (Use sample paper as a guide) (10pts)
- Need introduction paragraph with thesis statement (50pts)
- Three different pages with each supporting research works (90pts)
- Concluding paragraph (50pts)
- Reference page (50pts): Provide at least 8 academic journal references to support your research
- Follow APA Guidelines (50pts)
- 6 to 10 pages total
PPT Presentation (About 20 minutes Long; 200pts)
- Wear Business Attire (10pts)
- Slide 1-Cover page with title (10pts)
- Slide 2– Group Names
- Slide 3-Introduction (25pts)
- Slide 4-Thesis statement (20pts)
- Slides 5 – 8- Different ideas in different paragraphs (75pts)
- Slide 9-Summary (20pts)
- Slide 10-References (40pts)