Every week during this class, you will be working with a group to complete a group assignment. Each week there will be a different assignment with different requirements.
In order to receive credit for the group project, students must have demonstrated participation in the project. Participation is measured by the group discussion board, group file exchanges, and recorded group collaborate sessions. Individual assignments will not be accepted.
- Visit the website of the Utah Health Data Committee of the Utah Department of Health. (Links to an external site.)
- Go to Query Utah Health Care Data.
- Click on “Utah Open Data” – View Catalog.
- From the list, select two databases from which to obtain data. To select a database, click on the title of the database.
- When in the database, click on “download”, then click “CVS- Excel” to download the information.
- Create two graphical presentations (e.g. pie chart, bar chart, etc.) of selected data from two different databases (There should be a total of 4 graphs, 2 from one database and 2 from a second database). Make sure you choose the right type of graphical representation for the data selected.
- NOTE: You must create the graphs using Excel. Copying and pasting the graph shown on the website is not permissible.
- Prepare a written explanation of the graphical presentations.
- Submit the four data presentations and the four written explanations for grading.
- Meet CAHIIM Curriculum requirement for Bachelor Degree
- Domain I. Data Content Structure and Standards
- Subdomain I.D. Data Management
- Section 5. Evaluate data from varying sources to create meaningful presentations.
- Competencies: Presentation software
- Create data presentation.