Assignment 3: Educational Paradigms and Models
Due Week 8 and worth 180 points
Use the Internet to research different educational paradigms and models for this assignment. You can also refer to Chapter 9 for some guidance.
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
- Assess two (2) educational paradigms or models that may transform a school into a learning community.
- Examine the effects of:
- economic factors on schools.
- moral order factors on schools.
- school board leadership on schools.
- social capital on schools.
- Create your own educational paradigm or model.
- Include at least three (3) references (no more than five (5) years old) from material outside the textbook.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Weigh the effects of economics, moral order, school board leadership, and social capital on schools.
- Assess educational paradigms and models that may transform schools into learning communities.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in teacher leadership.
- Write clearly and concisely about teacher leadership using proper writing mechanics.