This is a required assignment worth 20 points (20-points/1000-points). Assignment must be submitted by the due date. No late assignments are allowed. Please discuss the following topics and provide substantive comments to at least two other posts. Select from the following list four (4) topics and discuss. Use only 50-words max per topic to discuss and present your answer. The discussion questions this week are from Chapter’s 3 & 4 (Jamsa, 2013).Chapter 3 topics:
- Define and describe PaaS.
- List the benefits of PaaS solutions.
- Describe potential disadvantages of PaaS.
- Describe how a cloud-based database management system differs from an on-site database.
- List the computing resources normally provided with a PaaS.
Chapter 4 topics:
- Define and describe IaaS.
- Define and describe system redundancy. Discuss how you might use IaaS to implement a redundancy plan.
- Define and describe load balancing. Discuss how you might use IaaS to implement load balancing.
- Define and describe NAS. Assume you must implement a shared file system within the cloud. What company would you select? Why? What costs should your client expect to pay for cloud-based data on a gigabyte (GB) basis?
- Define and describe colocation. Discuss how you might use IaaS to implement colocation.
- Compare and contrast a cloud-based disk storage device (with a file system) with a cloud based database.
- Compare and contrast physical, dedicated virtual, and shared virtual servers. Search the web for companies that provide each. What cost should a customer expect to pay for each?
NOTE: You are required to use at least two-peer reviewed sources (besides your textbook) to answer the above questions. The initial post is due by Wednesday at 11:59pm ET. You must engage on at least three separate days (by Wednesday for the first post and two additional days of peer engagement). Do not wait until Sunday to engage with peers, this should be an active conversation with your peers. When replying to peers be sure to engage with substantial posts that add to the conversation.
2 replies needed