Assignment: Provide a reflection of at least 500 words (or 2 pages double spaced) of how the knowledge, skills, or theories of this course have been applied, or could be applied, in a practical manner to your current work environment. If you are not currently working, share times when you have or could observe these theories and knowledge could be applied to an employment opportunity in your field of study.
Please read below ‘Course syllabus and learners outcome in the last pages and write how those concepts used in your workplace as a software engineer/programmer (design, code, test, release, maintain/support, security, etc.).
Provide a 500 word (or 2 pages double spaced) minimum reflection.
Use of proper APA formatting and citations. If supporting evidence from outside resources is used those must be properly cited.
Share a personal connection that identifies specific knowledge and theories from this course.
Demonstrate a connection to your current work environment. If you are not employed, demonstrate a connection to your desired work environment.
You should NOT, provide an overview of the assignments assigned in the course. The assignment asks that you reflect how the knowledge and skills obtained through meeting course objectives were applied or could be applied in the workplace.
Course: Legal regulations and compliance
Reading: Chapter 1 Information Security Overview
Reading: Chapter 2 Privacy Overview
Reading: Chapter 4 : Security and privacy of Consumer Financial Information
Reading: Chapter 7 Corporate Information security and Privacy Regulation
Reading : Chapter 12 Criminal Law Tort law issues in Cyberspace
Reading : Chapter 15 Computer Forensic and Investigations
Learner Outcomes/ Assessments
By the end of this course, the student will be able to:
· Explain terms associated with information security.
· Describe information security goal and common information security concerns.
· Explain the mechanisms used to protect information security.
· Describe corporate information security and privacy regulations.
· Describe privacy, threats to privacy, issues regarding workplace privacy, and privacy protection principles, and
· Describe privacy laws.
· Identify information security challenges that financial institution face.
· Explain Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act.
· Describe Payment Card Industry Standards.
· Describe Sarbanes Oxley Act.
· Explain the frameworks that are used for reviewing IT security controls.
· Describe corporate privacy issues.
· Distinguish between criminal Law and Tort Law.
· Describe computer crimes and the common criminal laws used to prosecute cybercrimes.
· Define computer forensics.
· Describe computer crimes investigation process