Assignment 1: Project Proposal – Initiation & PlanningDue Week 4 and worth 125 points
Note: Information from Assignment 1 will be used to complete Assignments 2 and 4. Assignments 1, 2, and 4 will cover all aspects of the project life cycle relevant to the following project.
VoIP / G-Suite Project
University A and University B have closed on their merger. Per the merger, you have been hired as the Project Manager overseeing the deployment of a new VoIP phone system for the combined University and deployment of Google G-Suite to replace the University’s use of MS Office. Also, all of the school’s cell phones will be exchanged for the latest Google smartphone and the service provider will be Verizon Wireless.
The combined University comprises fifty (50) campus locations and two (2) headquarters buildings. The combined university has over 10,000 employees serving over 100,000 students. The CIO is pressured to complete this project as soon as possible so that the combined universities can terminate their expensive license agreements with Microsoft. Note: All project submissions are submitted to Safe Assign for originality review.
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you define the scope of your project. In your paper you must:
- Provide a brief summary of the project. 2
- Describe at least three (3) project goals and three (3) project objectives.
- Identify the key customer(s) and at least two (2) stakeholders for the project. Remember, you are delivering the project to your customer(s); however, there are others (stakeholders) who have a vested interest in the project.
- Describe at least three (3) key milestones and /or deliverables for the project.
- Describe a high-level timeline that includes key tasks and deadlines.
- Estimate the project’s overall cost and any key staffing and non-staffing resources needed.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Evaluate corporate strategy and the project life cycle phases to define and manage projects.
Click here to view the grading rubric for this assignment.