Respond in 150 words with in-text citations and reference.
1. What is the difference between a language disorder and a speech disorder? Describe two examples of each and describe the implications for learning related to each. Support your response with research.
2. What is an acquired language disorder? What are the challenges and implications for working with individuals who have an acquired language disorder?
3. Describe considerations for directly assessing students’ oral language and phonemic awareness skills. How can you use performance data to identify students who are demonstrating below level literacy skills? Support your response with research.
4. Describe 2-3 listening and speaking activities or strategies teachers could use to help students develop phonemic awareness and develop an understanding about sounds and symbol systems. Why is it important for the teacher to provide opportunities for integrating phonological awareness activities throughout the school day?
For this assignment, you will use what you’ve learned about symbolic interactionism to develop your own analysis.
Your assignment is to select a television program that you know contains social inequality or social class themes. In 3-5 pages make sure to provide the following:
- Provide a brief introduction that includes the program’s title, describes the type of program, and explains which social theme you are addressing
- Describe and explain scenes that apply to the social theme.
- Identify all observed body language, facial expressions, gestures, posture stances, modes of dress, nonverbal cues, symbols, and any other observed nonverbal forms of communication in the scenes.
- Explain your interpretation of the meanings of the identified nonverbal communications and symbolism.
- Summarize how these interpretations are important to the sociological understanding of your chosen social inequality or social class theme.
- Suggest how your interpretation of the respective meanings might be generalized to society as a whole.
Submit your completed assignment to the drop box below. Please check the Course Calendar for specific due dates.
Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document.