- Spice or K2 (synthetic marijuana) is one of the newest trends in street drug use. Its easy accessibility is causing lots of controversies. Research this drug; write a detailed paper (at least half a page) which describes the drug, its use, and route of admission, effects, side-effects, and overdose and toxic levels. The DEA may be a good place to start your hunt for information. Be sure to cite your references appropriately. APA
- Describe the similarities and differences between neurotransmitters and hormones. This should take at least half a page to begin to cover it. You will need to do research outside the book. Be sure to cite references. APA
- Explain neurotransmission. Use dopamine as one example, use heroin as another example. Be sure to explain how the drug cocaine affects the release of dopamine. Discuss how heroin works differently to alter normal neurotransmission of endorphins.
- Describe the common methods of drug administration. Explain how each method affects the resulting effects of the drug. Give examples of each method of administration and compare at least one drug and how its effects are altered based solely on administration route.1. Please read the Chapter 15 and Chapter 16 that you find in the textbook for this course.Based on what you have learned in this unit, answer the following questions:
- Based on what you know about symbolic interactionism and feminist theory, what do you think proponents of those theories see as the role of the school?
- What are some ways that a conflict theorist would say that educational institutions perpetuate class differences?
Chapter 15: Religion (https://opentextbc.ca/introductiontosociology/chapter/chapter-15-religion/);
Chapter 16: Education (http://opentextbc.ca/introductiontosociology/chapter/chapter16-education/).
2.Briefly acquaint yourself with the Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy entry about Émile Durkheim http://www.iep.utm.edu/durkheim/
Afterwards read a couple of pages from the following major work by this author: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/41360/41360-h/41360-h.htm#Page_23.
Please discuss this reading assignment in light of the reading materials for this unit.
Durkheim, E. (1965). The elementary forms of the religious life. Trans. J. W. Swain. New York: Free Press.