Selecting an Evidence-Based Change Strategy Document This document will include five major sections. Each section is detailed below: Also attached are documents needed to use and reference to complete this, the contract with the Goals and the Family Assessment to give you an idea about the family. I have attached an outline of the Evidence Change Strategy to use along with an EXAMPLE of a completed paper of this assignment.
1. Literature Review of Possible Change Strategies: To conduct evidence-based practice, social workers must be familiar with the literature. Select one of the family goals from the contract. Conduct a literature search for intervening with the goal you’ve identified. In one brief paragraph, provide the name(s) of the search engine(s), key words, and the number of hits. Be sure to use professional databases. You may also wish to consult other sources of professional practice guidelines. Here is a link to Temple’s Writing Center that has more information on conducting a literature review: Writing Center
2. Evaluation of the Evidence: From your literature search, generate a list of potential evidence-based interventions or strategies for working with this family toward the goal you have selected. Organize your list with categories of types of interventions, and include at least one article (using APA format) as an example for each category.In two to four pages, summarize critically the state of evidence of Social Work (& allied professions) for addressing the goal. Note if there are consensus statements or practice guidelines for addressing the goal.
3. Justification for Selection of Change Strategy: Now that you have evaluated the evidence, select an approach that you would use with this family. Describe why you have selected this change strategy over other change strategies. You may justify your selection with the evidence base, cultural competence, “fit” with the family, or something else.
4. Description of Selected Change Strategy: Describe the general nature of the approach (solution-focused, task-centered, psychodynamic, cognitive, behavioral, etc.) and duration/intensity (brief/extended, inpatient/outpatient, etc.) for working with this family on the goal. Be sure to summarize the approach and defend the appropriateness of your choice for the targeted goal. Provide appropriate citations.Describe, in practical detail, the tasks/steps to be undertaken.
5. Evaluation of Selected Change Strategy: List and briefly describe key measures or instruments you would use to monitor the progress in achieving the goals. Describe how you will know if your client met his/her contract goal. Be sure to provide appropriate citations.