This week, you will prepare a single learning activity to support one of the learning objectives you wrote in Week 5. You need to integrate your professor’s feedback from Week 5 on your learning goal, outcome, and objectives, so watch for that feedback to appear in the Dropbox. You will want as much time as possible to ask any clarifying questions and then integrate your professor’s feedback into this week’s assignment.
In this assignment, you will thoroughly describe the intended learning activity. Remember that the activity should support a single objective, so the activity should be narrow in scope and short in time. Be sure to address the following:
- State the learning objective (revised, if necessary, based on professor’s feedback)
- Describe the learning activity with thorough details. For example, would it be a computer interaction, a discussion, a field trip, a presentation, a worksheet, a virtual reality session, etc.? What would be the content of the activity? What would the learners be doing?
- Define alignment, and then justify the alignment between the learning activity and the learning objective. In other words, explain how the learning activity supports the objective. How would engaging in the learning activity help students be successful in an assessment of the related learning objective? (Assessment is addressed in Week 6.)
- Define scaffolding, and then explain necessary scaffolding for the student to be successful while engaging in the learning activity. What would the students need to know or be able to do before engaging in the activity? What help or support would the student need during the activity?
- Justify how the learning activity and scaffolding reflect consideration for diversity, equity, inclusion, ethical, legal, and political factors.
Remember, if you have questions, reach out to your professor and your peers in the NCU ID-CoP with a specific question or area in which you need help. Don’t wait until the last minute to complete the assignment when you probably won’t have time to receive an answer and use that answer while completing your work.
Length: 3-5 pages, excluding title and reference pages
References: Include a minimum of 3 scholarly resources.
The completed assignment should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. The content should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards and should adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy.
Upload your completed assignment and click the Submit to Dropbox button.