- please let me know if you can get the book its 5.99 on the linkhttps://play.google.com/store/books/details?id=e-pRCwAAQBAJ&gl=us&hl=en-US&source=productsearch&utm_source=HA_Desktop_US&utm_medium=SEM&utm_campaign=PLA&pcampaignid=MKT-FDR-na-us-1000189-Med-pla-bk-Evergreen-Jul1520-PLA-eBooks_Medical&gclid=Cj0KCQiAgomBBhDXARIsAFNyUqPWBAya6fpVShEKkg2NknTilVSgiUERpIfU_c9JoXQJMIkMxodO4s8aAjmWEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds attached
Bellevue: Three centuries of Medicine and Mayhem at America’s Most Storied Hospital
ISBN-10: 0385523363 | ISBN-13: 978-0385523363
- Read Chapter 12: The Mad House
- Read Chapter 15: The Shocking Truth
- Read Chapter 18: Rock Bottom
- Watch: Bellevue: Inside-Out (Links to an external site.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz3Xj_PIF3g
Write a 1000-word essay based on the treatment of the mentally ill at Bellevue
Does the treatment of the mentally ill at Bellevue exemplify a ‘patients first’ culture?
To receive full credit, all of the resource material that were assigned this week must be referenced.; for this assignment, that is three chapters in our text, one documentary video, and the Scaife article from week-2.
APA Format – Use the heading format in the syllabus; No title page, no abstract, Times Roman font (12 pt), 2.0 spaced, APA format reference page (Double-spaced with ‘hanging’ format).
- Midterm Essay
Students will have mastered the material in the module when they can:
- Describe the conditions under which the mentally ill were treated over the course of years.
- Describe what innovations in psychiatric treatment were brought to Bellevue, discarded, and brought back.
- Describe the risks mentally ill patients pose to themselves and others.
- Describe how Bellevue changed after the horrific events of 1988.