One of the roles of the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) is to translate technical jargon into business language that senior leadership and executives can understand to support business decisions.
As the CISO, the board of directors has asked you to provide them with your ideas for developing a cyber security program for the company. The board has specifically requested that you provide your recommendations based on the major components that make up a cyber security program, including personnel.
Develop a 2- to 3-page table in Microsoft Word that lists the roles and responsibilities of each of the following with respect to security.
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Chief Operations Officer (COO)
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Chief Information Officer (CIO)
- Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
- Senior Security Manager
- Information Security Architect
- Information Security Engineer
- Information Security Auditor
- Information Security Analyst
- Security Technician/Specialist
Develop a 10- to 12-slide PowerPoint presentation including title, and reference slide and detailed speaker notes for the board of directors with the following:
- Concisely describe cyber security governance to include major components like organizational oversight and security processes.
- Recommend an Information Security Control Framework.
- Logically explain how an Information Security Control Framework benefits a business.
- Depict one organizational challenge for implementing information security and provide an example of how you, the CISO, would address the challenge.