Unit 2 Assignment 1 Change Management Key Assessment CLO#5
Scenario: You are the HIM Director for a multi-facility healthcare system. You have just been informed, that the facility has decided to change their abstracting and encoding system to a newer system which will include registry and quality data reporting capabilities. This will be a major change for the current coders and abstractors, as the roles will now be combined instead of separate roles. It may mean that some employees may no longer be qualified for their current position. It may also mean that the workload for the current employees may increase. You think that it may be a good idea to provide some change management training for your managers and supervisors to help employees through this transition.
- Create an outline of the training that you will provide on change management. Include change management theories, change management techniques, reactions to change, and how to effect change. (NOTE: Be sure this is in an outline form. Don’t write a paper).
- Create a brochure, handout, or flyer that you can pass out during the training session that your managers and supervisors can take with them to refer to later. Include the high-points of your training.
- Develop a paragraph summary (about 300 words) explaining how effective change management can ensure efficient workflow and appropriate outcomes.
- Submit your outline, handout, and summary for grading.
- Meet CAHIIM Curriculum requirement for Bachelor Degree
- Domain VI. Leadership
- Subdomain VI.B. Change Management
- Section 1. Interpret concepts of change management theories, techniques, and leadership
- Competencies: Change Management
To interpret concepts of change management theories, techniques, and leadership.