Work is due Thursday, June 18, 2020 at 1800 hours (6pm eastern time zone). Please complete assignment and cite sources according to APA standards.
In a written paragraph form response of aMINIMUMof 1000 words, choose a winner in the Public/Private/Charter Education Battle. You should use as much content from current and previous reading’s as possible to write your response. Additional research may be necessary and is always appropriate.
Address the following questions:
· Why did you choose that winner?
· How is it connected to the various ideas of the course?
· How would various thinkers respond (Thomas Jefferson, Horace Mann, Booker T. Washington, etc.) to your choice?
· What is the philosophical/ideological/political connections to this decision?
· Who benefits from this choice? Who suffers?
· What will happen if your winner stays the winner?
· What will happen when/if ideologies change?
· How does society as a whole benefit from your winner?
· How does society as a whole suffer?
· And any other issue/idea you deem relevant
Create a matrix of 10 possible family structures, traditions, cultures, languages, and/or religious practices that you may encounter in a classroom. Address the following within your matrix for each area identified:
- Briefly describe the family structure/tradition/culture/language/religion.
- Discuss one engagement strategy you would use to encourage parents/families with that background to participate in the classroom.
- Discuss classroom environment considerations you will keep in mind. This should include both routines and visuals around the classroom.
In addition, beneath the matrix, describe a classroom activity you could create to respect and honor diversity within your classroom in 100-250 words.
Support your matrix with at least three scholarly resources, in addition to the textbook.
While APA style format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
Please see this video for further assignment instructions:
Please see below links for further resources: