Substance use and abuse are prevalent in our society. Some would argue that using substances is a social action that assists in developing disorders. For this assignment, you will design a brochure that explains various types of substance abuse, how use develops into abuse and myths about using substances.
5. Analyze the global perspective of mental disorders (A, B, C, D, E)
6. Explain the common types of legal and illegal drug use and their effects (A, B, C, D, E)
7. Identify the different perceptions of drug and alcohol use and classify which groups are likely to hold certain viewpoints (A, B, C, D, E)
8. Explain the social influences for misuse of drug and alcohol consumption (A, C, D, E)
Develop a brochure explaining substance abuse, societal perspectives, and myths regarding using. Design a brochure that addresses the following points:
- Explain the differences between substance use and abuse.
- Explain how people might develop a substance abuse disorder. Consider how society influences the development of the disorder.
- Explain at least two legal and two illegal substances and their impacts on the individual.
- Explain at least three myths of substance abuse and how these are inaccurate.
- Brochures consist of six panels (trifold) with information and images.
- Include images, color, and various fonts to design a visually appealing and educational brochure.
- Include at least three scholarly sources.
- Use APA style.