M2D1: Using Theory to Understand “Why I Love Shoplifting”
Upon successful completion of this activity, students will be able to:
1. Explain the concept of social deviance and provide examples of deviant behavior in social context.3. Acquire a basic understanding of how to apply theories of deviance to their own personal and professional experiences.4. Apply appropriate social science theories and methodologies to do an in-depth analysis of an important question, issue or problem (Social Science Learning Outcome 2).
As you watch the video, “Why I love Shoplifting,” see how many themes you can pick up from our discussions and readings, so far. You may want to watch the video more than once to catch all of the details.
After watching the YouTube Video, “Why I Love Shoplifting,” use at least one of the theoretical approaches to explain and/or discuss your theory about why the character in this clip is engaging in shoplifting behavior. Make sure to draw on your textbook (lecture notes are optional for this posting) to discuss how the behavior you observe in this video can be explained using these theoretical approaches.
Your initial post should be at least 300 words and must substantively integrate the assigned readings in the instructions with proper APA (Links to an external site.) style formatting.
As always be mindful of plagiarism. The Excelsior Library Writing Help (Links to an external site.) and Online Writing Lab (OWL) (Links to an external site.) are available for assistance.
Use the EC Library resources for research assistance and to properly cite your work:
· Military Leadership Research Guide (Links to an external site.)
· National Security Research Guide (Links to an external site.)
· Plagiarism & Copyright (Links to an external site.)
· Excelsior Library Writing Help (Links to an external site.)
· APA Citation Help (Links to an external site.)
· Excelsior College Online Writing Lab (OWL)