In this assignment, students will demonstrate methods and techniques of adjudicating systems configured in a manner consistent with general practice.
Research methods for hardening PFSense.
Using the virtualized PFSense system created in Topic 3, harden the PFSense system using Snort.
- Start the Snort service.
- Update Snort and download the latest community rules.
- Ensure that you have configured Snort to detect port scans.
Using the Kali VM from Topic 3, run another port scan.
Using screenshots of the results, explain if Snort detected the port scan.
Create a 300- to 500-word step-by-step instructional guide detailing how to detect scans using snort. Make sure to:
- Explain what hardening is, what Snort does, and why it is being used in this scenario.
- Explain any other methods by which PFSense can be hardened.
- Include at least five screenshots.
APA style is not required, but solid technical writing is expected.
This assignment uses a basic scoring guide, provided by your instructor. Please review the scoring guide prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
1. Clearly describe what the Budapest Convention is and illustrate the benefits of this convention for nation states who are signatory to this treaty?
2. A cybercrime has been committed in one of your sensitive company server named “DIL17”. The Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) called and asked you to take the lead in investigating this incident. So, briefly explain the various steps which you would take (using a forensic tool if any) to address the issue and provide a comprehensive report to upper management.