GCU is committed to the long-term success of its graduates. Part of being successful is finding a fulfilling and viable career. The purpose of this assignment is to help you explore careers in the field of education that you might wish to pursue.
For this assignment, create a 10-15 slidePowerPoint presentation for high school students about the costs and benefits of obtaining a degree in education. Research a job within the field of education in which you would be interested.The PowerPointpresentation should include the following:
- A description of this job in education including the qualifications and expected salary.
- An explanation of the reasons you have chosen this particular job.
- A summary of your educational costs over the course of your program and how it compares with the salary you identified.
- A summary from the readings that will help you take control of your finances.
- List one budgeting strategy you will incorporate, now or in the future.
- Options for funding higher education aside from student loans.
Include a title slide and a reference slide (title and reference slides do not count in slide total) that contains 2-3 resources from the required readings, the GCU Library, and/or your state’s department of education and local education providers.
While GCU style format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using documentation guidelines, which can be found in the GCU Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. Use the “T7-Template” to complete the assignment successfully.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to theLopesWrite Technical Support articlesfor assistance.