Start by reading and following these instructions:
1. Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
2. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the discussion and any insights you gained from it.
4. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
Complete “Choosing the Board: Charting the Course with Competing Priorities (pg #241)” exercise. Rank them from highest to lowest.
- Explain why you made your rankings.
- List their diversity characteristics and how that impacted your ranking.
- Regardless of which four nominees are appointed, replacing one-third of the Board members all at once will mean a radical change for this board. This is a source of concern for the Board members and serious concern of the hospital CEO who deals frequently with the Board. What might be done to ease the transition for the Board itself and for the CEO?
- What patterns emerge in your choices? Were all of your choices the same on any dimension(s)? Explain.
- How diversified would you say your choices are? Did you consciously or unconsciously make choices on the basis of any particular dimension of diversity? Explain.
- If all four of your choices were selected for the Board, how diversified could your complete Board be?
- This part of the weekly assignment will be at least 1,000 words in order to address all of the questions
Investigate various “wellness program models” used by organizations. Write a report describing the costs and benefits of these models and identify the features that are important to the success of wellness programs regardless of the model used. (500 words)
- Hanna, L. (2011, August 4). Guidelines for wellness programs.
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health (2013). A model wellness guide (draft) (Search: A model wellness guide in the search box)
- Shemkus, S. (2013, March 3). Wellness programs pay off in the workplace. Boston Globe. P.p. G1, 6.
- 1500-1750 words (5-7 pages); answers must thoroughly address the questions in a clear, concise manner
- Include a title page and reference page in APA style
- Reference any outside content. Include the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions
- save your assignment as a Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Open Office (.odt) or rich text format (.rtf) file type
Harvey, C. P., & Allard, M. J. (2014). Understanding and managing diversity. Harlow: Pearson Education.