***can be on the same page if separate by references****
1.Pick a type of food that you enjoy. Before you start researching, state a hypothesis about the nutritional content of this food. Remember a hypothesis is an educated guess (and may be wrong), and a good hypothesis is specific.
Then summarize what you learned from your research. Include an image of at least one molecule found in this food and briefly describe that molecule in terms of the atoms it is made of and potentially the chemical bonds that keep the atoms together. Is this a beneficial molecule to consume? Explain why. Did your research support your hypothesis? At least 150 words and references
2. Watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-osEc07vMs&feature=emb_title Describe an example of osmosis that we can observe in real life. Explain what is happening at the cellular level, including what is moving across the cell membranes and in which direction (in or out of the cells)? At least 150 words and references
3. Do a web search to locate a research study about the effects of one or more environmental factors* that affect cellular respiration or photosynthesis (*examples: temperature, pH, sunlight, nutrients, carbon dioxide, heavy metals, UV light, air pollution, heavy metals etc). Briefly describe the conclusion from this research study in your own words. Include a reference to the article. At least 150 words and references
4. Pick one species as your favorite creature! It could be an animal, plant, fungus or bacteria. Humans and pets are excluded. Use reliable information sources to research this creature and answer these 3 questions:
· Which other species is your favorite creature related to and what are some of its ancestors?
· Are there any concerns about the population status of your species? Is its population affected by human activities? Explain.
How does your favorite creature fit into the food web? What does it eat? And who eats it? include why you picked this particular species as your favorite creature, and at least one picture. At least 150 words and references