). FORENSIC DESIGN ASSESSMENTS
This task relates to a sequence of assessments that will be repeated across Chapters 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10. Select any example of a visualisation or infographic, maybe your own work or that of others. The task is to undertake a deep, detailed ‘forensic’ like assessment of the design choices made across each of the five layers of the chosen visualisation’s anatomy. In each case your assessment is only concerned with one design layer at a time.
For this task, take a close look at the data representation choices:
- Start by identifying all the charts and their types
- How suitable do you think the chart type choice(s) are to display the data? If they are not, what do you think they should have been?
- Are the marks and, especially, the attributes appropriately assigned and accurately portrayed?
- Go through the set of ‘Influencing factors’ from the latter section of the book’s chapter to help shape your assessment and to possibly inform how you might tackle this design layer differently
- Are there any data values/statistics presented in table/raw form that maybe could have benefited from a more visual representation?Cloud computing has become a common term. In this assignment, we will address three types of cloud computing. Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) provides virtualized computing resources for firms so they do not have to maintain the computer servers in the business. Software as a Service (SaaS) allows firms to use software through a license agreement where it is hosted on the cloud. Platform as a Service (PaaS) provides a development platform to build software service and applications on cloud-based servers.Assignment Expectations
Identify examples of IaaS, Saas, and PaaS and an example of a firm using each type of service. Describe how each service is used in a firm, providing a summary of the benefits of the service. Also, include links to websites to support your discussion examples. This should take 3 to 4 pages.