Create a new employee orientation package for an Information and Record Clerk to include an introduction, checklist, work schedule, job expectations, behavior, and performance requirements.
In an 8-10 slide PowerPoint presentation:
· Introduce the HIM department, key functions, and your role as the HIM manager.
· Describe the role of the Information and Record Clerk.
· Create a checklist of orientation activities to show items you plan to cover. For example, a tour of the department, workspace, and where the supplies are kept.
· Outline a work schedule. Consider that a work schedule is needed by an HIM department where there are multiple employees and multiple shifts of work.
· Describe the changing HIM roles and outlook for HIM professionals. Specifically, address the future of the Information and Record Clerk (or related) role.
· Identify key disciplinary actions that may be used to address employee behavior.
· Explain types of performance appraisal activities used to evaluate employee performance. Use the Record Clerk as an example.
NOTE – Be sure that proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure are displayed. Make sure any sources are cited in APA format. Also, see the attachment for additional information to complete the assignment.
What impact has policy had on informatics? Describe the current impact and provide recommendations for future public policy informatics initiatives that would improve patient outcomes and healthcare equality.
Your initial posting should be at least 400 words in length and utilize at least one scholarly source other than the textbook. Please reply to at least two classmates. Replies to classmates should be at least 200 words in length.
The Future of Healthcare Informatics
Write an essay addressing each of the following points/questions. Be sure to completely answer all the questions for each numbered item. There should be three sections, one for each item number below, as well as the introduction (heading is the title of the essay) and conclusion paragraphs. Separate each section in your paper with a clear heading that allows your professor to know which bullet you are addressing in that section of your paper. Support your ideas with at least three (3) scholarly citations using APA citations in your essay. Make sure to reference the citations using the APA writing style for the essay. The cover page and reference page do not count towards the minimum word amount. Review the rubric criteria for this assignment.
- Identify the current role of the informatics nurse and predict the future role of the informatics nurse, based on scholarly sources.
- Explain what is meant by connected health. Provide three examples of connected health in today’s healthcare environment. Explain the benefits and drawbacks of each.
- In what ways has informatics impacted public health – please provide at least three examples.
Length: 1500 words total for this assignment.
Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA style. These do not count towards the minimum word amount for this assignment. All APA papers should include an introduction and conclusion.2
References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. Include at least three (3) scholarly sources to support your claims.
Rubric: This assignment uses a rubric for scoring. Please review it as part of your assignment preparation and again prior to submission to ensure you have addressed its criteria at the highest level.