create a 1-2 page Reading Guide/Common Core Guide.This will create a resource for your classroom, or that of colleagues, of books and strategies to use in increasing fluency for these books that can be utilized at all levels of reader within a classroom. You can use any format, but to give you an idea, think of a table or table of contents
•Include a minimum of 5 types of books (i.e. picture books, fantasy, etc) to utilize, and at least one option for students with lower lexile/reading levels and/or higher.
•Include at least 2 strategies discussed in this course and how they will help increase fluency in beginner and/or emergent readers.
•Include what the topic(s)/unit you will be covering with the use of these books, why you chose these books, if these books may substitute for items already utilized in your classroom (if applicable) and how many of your selections are to aid the struggling reader.
- here are links to some examples to help get you started
- http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-JbOOhSmmhX0/UTVOygzMhXI/AAAAAAAAEdk/QeMOnMvWSRA/s1600/genre board.PNGCultural Representations of Social ClassSocial class can be divided in several ways. After reading Chapter 8 and discovering more about the USA social class divisions. Write a 500 or more word essay answering the following questions. You should use the book as a reference.
Be sure to include in-text citations and include the book as a reference.
· In what ways does culture related to social class impact identity and pride within specific social classes?
· In what ways does culture help keep others outside of a specific social class?
· Would the answers you given make it more difficult for someone from a lower social class to “pass” as someone from a higher class or would it make it more difficult for someone from a higher social class to “pass” as someone from a lower class? Why?
· Why do most people stay in the same social class into which they were born?