Business Proposal Assignment
Students will create a business plan for their dream early education center. This should be formatted in a way that could be used as a proposal for an investing firm or individual. This should include a formal statement of business goals, reasons they are attainable, and plans for reaching them. It may also contain background information about the organization or team attempting to reach those goals. For this project, you can either write a proposal or create a PowerPoint presentation. You will need at least three appropriate academic references (your textbook can be one).
1. PowerPoint: Minimum of 20 slides with effectiveformatting: a. **http://www.lifehack.org/articles/featured/10-tips-for-more-effective-powerpoint-presentations.html
2. Written: 3-5 page paper
The proposal should include the following components:
Introduction (20 points)
• Personal Bioo Why you are starting the business• Name of Centero Reasoning behind the nameo Location of Center Why did you choose the area How will this support families• Type of Centero E.g. consumer service, faith basedo Why did you choose this type• Motto
Operating Cost (20 points)
• Resources ( refer to chapter 6 and figure 6.1 for guidance, list specific startup vs. operational resources that you will need to acquire)o Materialso Equipmento Space• Funding Sourceso Fees charged to parents How much will you charge parentso Government Subsidies List potential subsidieso Fund-Raising When and where will they be heldo Donations How/Who will you ask o Grant Proposal What kinds of grants, if any• Staff Costso Pay rate of Teachers, Assistant Teachers, and other employees
Personnel (20 points)
• Organizational Structureo Ranking of individual’s jobs (Note: This needs to be a visual hierarchy…how to do this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWEQt9MPeGw)• Job Qualificationso What kind of credentials will staff need, including teachers, food service, office staff• Staffing Processo How will you find potential employees? What does that process look like?• Leadershipo What is your philosophy for leadership?o How will you, as an administrator, guide your employees?
Learning Environment (20 points)
• Indoor Spaceso What will you require in your indoor spaces?o Examples of classrooms ( this should be pictures, at least 3)• Outdoor Spaceso What kinds of materials will be availableo Will you have a play structure? If so, the exact cost needed to have the structure• Employee Spaceso Where will employee spaces be located? What will they provide?• Curriculumo What type of curriculum will you useo Why did you choose this curriculumo What are the benefits for using this particular curriculum How does this curriculum fit into your overall plan of the center
Grammar/APA formatting (10 points)
• Were there less than 5 grammar errors• Was the reference page in APA formato Reference page will be the final slides in the presentation (This must have accurate APA citations!o For Power Point, you should add your in-text citation onto the slide you cited on, or behind the bullet if you have multiple citations per slideo Remember: at least 3 references are needed!
Visual Appearance (10 points)
• Was there a constant theme throughout?• Was it easy to follow?• Were appropriate headers used?