Unit 4 Assignment: Logistics and Customer Value
The connection between logistics and customer value is not always clear. Part of the problem is that the term value means different things to different people; it is somewhat subjective even when it can be calculated objectively, as there are factors of judgment involved.
This assignment will assess your knowledge based on the following Outcome:
MT434-2: Recommend how logistics can be coordinated to ensure customer value.
This assignment has you consider several factors of judgment from this perspective. Ensure that your paper includes each of the following topics with an appropriate breadth and depth demonstrating knowledge of the outcome.
· Iceberg Effect
How is the Iceberg Effect an illustration of a factor of judgment?
· Perception versus Reality
How does the concept of Perception versus Reality impact the interaction between stakeholders that need to work together to get results within the professional career field of logistics?
· Focus on Accuracy
Review these two concepts and include a comparison of the Iceberg Effect and Perception versus Reality principles. With a focus on accuracy, describe how these concepts would aid an employee in making a recommendation related to a purchase decision . In particular, consider how an organization with values of diversity, equity, and inclusion would approach the business process of making this recommendation.
SCM Standard Requirements
· This assignment should be a separate MS Word document, preferably in the most current .docx file format.
· In addition to the current APA style title page and reference page; ensure your paper covers the assigned topics, with a focus on quality. The following items provide additional guidance as to writing expectations.
· Respond to the questions in a thorough manner, providing specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements asked for in the questions. Your paper should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
· It must be written in Standard English; demonstrating exceptional content, organization, style, grammar, and mechanics.
· Your paper should provide a clearly established sustained viewpoint and purpose.
· Your writing should be well ordered, logical, and unified; as well as original and insightful.
· Ensure your paper uses current APA format for content, with properly indented paragraphs, and a minimum of 3-full pages covering the assigned topics to appropriate depth.
· A separate page at the end of your research paper should contain a list of references, in current APA format. Use your textbook, the Library, and the internet for credible research.
· Ensure you have at a minimum three quality references supporting your work: defining words, or using dictionaries, wikis, or encyclopedias, does not count as a quality reference, or meet university standards for credible online research.
· Be sure to cite both in-text and reference list citations were appropriate and reference all sources. Your sources and content should follow proper APA citation style. Review the current APA formatting and citation style found at the Writing Resources accessed through the Academic Success Center within the Academic Tools area of the course. It should include a title page, paper is double-spaced, in Times New Roman 12-point font, correct citations, Standard English with no spelling or punctuation errors, and correct references at the bottom of the last page.