2- to 3-page in which you draw from the assigned resources to critically reflect on the experience of being a minority in a specific situation.
- Describe the experience.
- Reflect on the experience and consider:
- What were your preconceptions or expectations before the experience?
- What were your reactions to, thoughts about, and/or emotional responses to the experience?
- What did you gain or learn from this experience?
- Explain privilege in relation to this social identity.
- Apply concepts and material from this weeks resources to the experience.
- Support your application of this weeks resources using APA citations and a reference page.
Segal, E. A., Gerdes, K. E., & Steiner, S. (2019). An introduction to the profession of social work: Becoming a change agent (6th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning.
- Chapter 4, Human Rights and Social and Economic Justice
- Chapter 5, Dimensions of Diversity