You must use the textbook as a source (cite and reference) in your thread (at least 400 words each). There are 4 discussion board forums in this class. In each forum, you have 3 options to choose from; do not respond to each question. Give your thread a title indicating what it is about. Include biblical integration; explain how the topic applies to your faith. Do not simply restate the text; give your own thoughts and analysis. One way to discuss the forum topic, is by giving a counseling example or situation to illustrate the point you are making. Do not use more than one direct quote in a post; quotes must be less than 40 words.
DB Forum 1
1. Give a specific example of a counselor and client worldview conflict. How can counselors be more multiculturally competent with a diverse clientele? Explain responsibility and control relevant to worldview.
2. What are important communication style concepts for multicultural counselors to be aware of?
3. How could a personal crisis affect cultural identity and what are the implications for counseling?
DB Forum 2
1. What are some specific ways you can promote cultural awareness and a non-discriminatory community for your clients?
2. Describe some examples of sexism and how these might be addressed in counseling.
3. What counseling implications for working with lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning, and intersex (LGBTQI) individuals were you made aware of in our reading?
DB Forum 3
1. What did you learn about classism that informs your role as a multiculturally competent counselor?
2. What are some counseling considerations that are relevant to working with clients with a disability, and working with older adult clients? How can counselors increase their awareness, knowledge, and skills required for working with these populations?
3. What are significant issues related to acculturation for counselors to be aware of? What are some of the challenges faced by recent immigrants?
DB Form 4
1. How could counselors use creative arts therapies to help clients tell their stories of identity development?
2. Explore issues and concerns of interracial couples and families, and implications for counseling multiple-heritage individuals throughout development.
3. What counseling implications for addressing faith in counseling stood out to you? Discuss your view on the relationship between religion and spirituality.