You have read about the different certification and degree programs. Using a variety of sources, carefully select which degrees and/or certifications you think would best qualify you to become a successful security specialist. Map out the progression of these certifications and degrees, giving a description of the programs and how you would go about completing each one. Your task is to provide the following:
- Give a description of the certification or degree program.
- List the cost of the certification or degree (semester hour).
- Describe how often you need to re-certify, and describe if there are any CEUs you must complete after testing for your certification.
- Explain why you selected each certification or degree program.
- Describe any self-study opportunities that are available with these programs.
Conduct your research using the CSU Online Library and the Internet. Your paper should be a minimum of two pages in length. You must have a minimum of two references, at least one of which must be from the CSU Online Library. Make sure your paper is formatted using APA style. Use your own words, and include citations and references as needed to avoid plagiarism.
– Subject: Business Information Systems
– Recommended textbook for the subject: Laudon & Laudon (2014) Management Information Systems: Managing the Digital Firm, 13th Edition. Pearson. ISBN 978-0-13-305069-1 (CHAPTERS 11 & 12).
– The assignment should follow the APA Guidelines.
– Answer the following essay questions:
1. How do knowledge work systems provide value for firms, and what are the common barriers to their successful deployment?
2. Describe the different links in the knowledge management value chain and why each is important.
3. What are the differences between business intelligence and business analytics? Why would one choose one over the other if a decision were made not to employ both?
4. How does a GDSS work and what does it take to be used successfully?
5. What are specific managerial roles that are supported by each of the major kinds of information systems? Be sure to clearly identify the differences.
6. If an organization wants the benefits commonly seen from proper usage of knowledge management, what steps need to be followed? List the steps and explain why each is important.