Your interview should address the following:
- How does assessment data drive instruction and the literacy framework?
- What data collection methods are used to track and monitor student progress? What technology tools are used to focus on continuous and effective data collection and analysis?
- How are assessment results shared with students and students’ families?
- What does a successful comprehensive literacy framework include?
- What does a typical literacy block of instruction include?
- What steps are taken to develop a literacy framework that meets the needs of all students?
- What steps are taken to monitor and adjust instruction based on student needs?
- What technology tools are utilized in the classroom to reinforce and develop literacy curricular concepts outlined in the literacy framework?
Use any remaining field experience hours to assist the teacher in providing instruction and support to the class. Focus your observations and collaboration on literacy assessment practices.
In 250-500 words, reflect upon your observation, interview, and collaboration, highlighting how the mentor teacher uses literacy assessment and a literacy framework in the classroom. Summarize and reflect upon your experience and explain how you will use your findings in your future professional practice.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writingis expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.