Module 08 Written Assignment – Botnets and How They Work-
Electronic Data Security Class
Note: This is a Work Healthcare Memo not a Written Paper
To individual users botnets are a nuisance because if one were to be using a computer infected with botnet software the machine’s performance could be degraded and its reliability reduced. For businesses, however, botnets represent a serious threat to the availability of information technology resources.
Put yourself in the position of a Chief Information Officer of a hospital who must gain support from the administration to purchase hardware and software that can detect and suppress the effects of a botnet infestation on the hospital’s computer network. The problem is that you are not certain the board of directors understands the threat and what impact it could have. Prepare a memo for the board explaining the following:
- What is a botnet?
- How do computers become a part of a botnet?
- What impact would it have on the hospital’s network if 50% of the computers were infected with botnet viruses?
- How can the damage of a botnet be detected / prevented / mitigated?
Your paper should:
- be 1-2 pages in length, double-spaced,
- be free of spelling, grammar, APA reference including In-text citations, and punctuation errors.
Submit your completed assignment by following the directions linked below. Please check the Course Calendar for specific due dates.
Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document