– Subject: Business Information Systems
– Recommended textbook for the subject: Laudon & Laudon (2014) Management Information Systems: Managing the Digital Firm, 13th Edition. Pearson. ISBN 978-0-13-305069-1 (CHAPTERS 9 & 10).
– The assignment should follow the APA Guidelines.
– Answer the following essay questions:
1. What are the differences between push-based and pull-based supply chain management?
2. What are the current challenges facing those wishing to deploy enterprise applications?
3. Characterize the various customer relationship management systems that use social networking? What are the key drivers and the rationale behind them?
4. How has social media improved marketing for companies? What are the risks associated with a focus on social media as the primary lens for viewing the marketplace?
5. What is m-commerce, how does it differ from e-Commerce? What are the unique benefits it offers, and why should enterprises be paying attention?
6. The Internet has evolved over the years and companies need to keep up with the technologies driving this evolution in order to stay current. Do you think that companies should continue to change their business models based on the evolution of the Internet? Support your position with examples.
Antivirus Software, Malware Removal, and Internet Security
There are many types of vendor software programs available for antivirus, malware, and Internet security, including open source, freely downloadable, and commercially available off-the-shelf software applications. You should be familiar with as many of these software applications as possible to determine what is needed to protect and monitor against attacks and intrusions and to mitigate the vulnerabilities.
Compile a list, and describe at least 10 of the most widely used antivirus software, malware removal, and Internet security applications. Clearly provide a description of each application, how many devices it may be installed on, and what operating systems can be protected by the application. Include the benefits of each application and any vulnerabilities it may have.
Number your list of applications, and for each entry, provide the name and website location. Provide a conclusion and describe which of the applications you think is the best for your computer system.
Your project should be a minimum of two pages in length, double-spaced. You must utilize at least four outside sources, use your own words, and include citations and references as needed to avoid plagiarism. All sources used must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations and be cited per APA guidelines.