Often, in order to prevent harmful situations, we must understand why they occur. Various theories account for the presence of sexual assault in societies. While some biological theories of rape point to impulsive and primal behaviors, psychological theories consider emotional control, issues with intimacy, and inappropriate sexual desires as factors. In this discussion, you will consider the factors that impact the sociological view of sexual assaults.
1. Describe physical violence (A, C, D)
3. Identify rape and child molestations (A, C, D)
6. Analyze how social structures play a part in perpetuating violence (A, C, D, E)
1 In this discussion, consider the social aspects of sexual assault. Given that societal norms and beliefs significantly impact deviant behaviors, consider why and how rapes occur.
◦ How does the culture of rape (e.g., sexual inequality positions) impact the occurrence of sexual assaults?
◦ Using one of the sociological theories (Psychological, Sociological, and Feminist), explore the reasons behind sexual assaults and its prevalence in intimate violence.
◦ Which policies and strategies to combat sexual assault developed because of this sociological theory?
◦ How can society members adjust social norms and beliefs to eliminate sexual assaults?
The post should be a minimum of 300 words. The post must include two sources cited in APA Style.