The assessment task aim is to develop a Cybersecurity Roadmap/Plan for Board members targeted for a specific company.
1. Download and Read the Framework for Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity Version 1.1 National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
2. Find a recent (2019/2020) case study relating to a data breach . Investigate the breach (including finding other sources) and explain why you selected the case study, who was responsible for the breach, the consequences and actions taken.
3. Develop a cybersecurity roadmap/plan for the case study organisation you selected to present to the Board. Use the relevant components of the Framework for Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity Version 1.1 National Institute of Standards and Technology to structure your report (justify your selection of components).
4. Using the roadmap/plan critically evaluate how your case study organisation could have avoided the breach.
1. Write a report that addresses the areas outlined above. The report should not exceed 3,000 words (between 6 and 8 pages depending on the Font style selected). The word count excludes the reference list, title page, table of contents and appendices – if applicable. The report should be in 12-point font, single-spaced in word processing software such as Microsoft Word. The report should have appropriate headings and subheadings (including a cover page, an introduction and conclusion).
2. This report must use scholarly articles to support any claims you make. You must use the Harvard referencing style
3. Review the marking rubric so that you understand how you will receive feedback.